Receive Endodontic Treatment at our Multi-Specialty Manhattan Dental Practice
General and Specialty Dentists in Downtown Manhattan
Years and years ago, if you had a tooth with a diseased nerve, you’d probably lose that tooth. However, with Endodontic treatment performed at Dental Specialty Associates in Manhattan you can save that tooth. Endodontics is a specialist sub-field of dentistry that focuses on the pulp of the tooth and the tissue around it. This field focuses on the inside of the teeth, which is where the tooth is actually living and must be treated accordingly. Endodontists are familiar with how to stabilize and protect the sensitive and important innards of your teeth. Through root canals and other procedures, endodontists Dr. Cho and Dr. Foroughi at Dental Specialty Associates can extend the life of or heal hurt or decaying teeth, thus giving you a healthier mouth.
When you look at your teeth in the mirror, you see the crown. The remainder of your tooth, the portion beneath the gum line, is the root. The outer portion of the root is a hard tissue called dentin and the inside channel, or “root canal” is a pulp of soft tissue, blood vessels and nerves. The “root canal” is responsible for forming the surrounding dentin and enamel during tooth development.
Endodontic treatment is necessary when the pulp becomes inflamed or infected. This results most commonly from deep cavities called caries, repeated dental procedures, cracks or chips. If pulp inflammation or infection goes untreated, it can cause pain or lead to an abscess.
You may need Endodontic treatment if you experience:
- prolonged sensitivity to heat or cold
- discoloration of the tooth
- swelling or tenderness of the tooth
- swelling or tenderness of adjacent gums
Endodontic treatment helps save your tooth by removing the diseased portion of the tooth, in this case, the pulp. Additionally, it prevents further infection because an Endodontist will carefully clean and shape the canal system and then permanently sealing the prepared space. The outer surface is then sealed with a temporary restoration, however, a permanent restoration must be placed to protect your tooth against fracture and recontamination.
An Endodontist is a dentist that has undergone a minimum of two years of additional postgraduate training, which allows them to deal with dieases of the dental pulp and supporting structures, as well as diagnose facial pain and related problems. The Endodontic specialists, Dr. Cho and Dr. Foroughi at our multi-specialty dental practice on Broadway in Downtown Manhattan aim to save the patient’s natural teeth by restoring dental health and function.
We offer the following endodontic services:
- Diagnostic Services: The initial differential diagnosis of a patient’s chief complaint is among the keys to successful treatment. Our endodontists use extensive experience and the most state-of-the-art tools available anywhere to diagnose your condition. Successful endodontic treatment is dependent on an accurate diagnosis. At Dental Specialty Associates, we take pride is our diagnostic prowess.
- Root Canals: We perform root canals on anterior, premolar and molar teeth. We use the latest rotary root canal technology. This allows us to minimize office visits and makes the root canal experience much more comfortable and predictable.
- Tooth Avulsion is the most severe of tooth luxation injuries. The tooth is completely displaced from the alveolar bone (the bone containing the tooth sockets). We will try to salvage the lost tooth.
- Toothache: Common dental causes of toothache include dental cavities, dental abscess, gum disease or eruption. A comprehensive exam by our endodontist can help determine the cause of the toothache and the appropriate treatment.
Visit Downtown Manhattan Dental Specialty Associates, a unique multi-specialty dental practice that offers services in oral surgery, periodontics, endodontics, and orthodontics/pedodontics, all under one roof. Call 646-525-4822 for an appointment today!